Tuesday 12 December 2017

Mission accomplished

So, yay!  I got a story published on Smashwords, which was my goal for the year. 

Clicky-link here: Kiss Me Again or check out the fancy-pants widget over there on the right. 

Due respect to Smashwords, which is a wonderful website that really, really wants people to publish eBooks.  Also, they provide all kinds of stats and data and fancy-pants widgets to help you sell your book.

Also, Wattpad has been a revelation.  I'll write something about that at some point too.

So I'm happy now.  It was a draft that I'd had knocking around in a more or less finished form for a while, the computer geek big bum story.  It was fairly straightforward to get it formatted and uploaded to the site.  I'll need to do a bit more work on the next one, but basically, it's great, I've achieved my goal, and I'm keen to do it again very soon.

Also, sold a copy, which makes me feel legitimate.  This is important for me.

LMW

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah!

    That is great news, congratulations!

    Anyone would think you are a good writer with the possibility of a fan-base of actual paying readers or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think that, wouldn't you. Thing is, I know who my one customer is, and she sort of doesn't count because I gave her the link. If I can snare an unwary passer-by and get them to part with cash on the basis of my writing alone, that will be something.

      I also gave a free copy to someone I met on Wattpad, because, well, she's awesome.

      LMW

      Delete