Tuesday 29 November 2016

Updates and writing

Excerpt, excerpt, read all about it!

Chapter 10 is well underway, and my genius idea for this chapter is that it's all dialogue.  It's mostly a world-building exercise, with a few hints at a couple of things that are coming.  It's the Supervisor character talking on the phone to various young ladies and various submissives, arranging a month's worth of home visits between the two.  If you're new to the premise of my current work in progress, a good place to start is here.

So yes, the Supervisor's job is to arrange these home visits between young ladies and submissives, which involves a lot of telephone calls, which means I can write the whole thing as dialogue.  By this point in the chapter, the Supervisor character has already spoken to 3 young ladies (one of them twice) and one of her submissives, weaving a complicated web of offers, dates, and callbacks.  This particular excerpt is between her and a female submissive called Melissa who likes to serve as a maid.



“Good evening, Madame.  How may I serve you?”
“Good evening, Melissa.  How was your visit last weekend?”
“Oh, Miss Diana was wonderful, Madame.  So pretty and so kind.  I spent a very pleasant afternoon shopping with her, and then later on she let me dress her in all her new outfits.  It was a joy to be her maid.”
“I knew you’d like her.  I’ll try and arrange another homestay for her soon.  Anyway, do you have your diary to hand?  I have quite a few things for you this time.”
“Madame is very generous, yes, I have my diary here, Madame.”
“Good girl… The 18th and 19th, I have a young lady who needs some peace and quiet to complete her University work.  Can you accommodate her and see to her needs?”
“Of course, Madame.  I would be happy to serve her.”
“Plain uniform, keep her refreshed and be more or less invisible.  I don’t need to remind you that she’s an intelligent, gifted young woman with very important work to do, your superior in every way.  She does not need to concern herself with having to deal with intrusive or inferior service from the maid…”
“I will do my best, Madame…”
“I am sure that you will, Melissa my darling…  Let’s schedule in the usual inspection for the Thursday before, which is the 16th.  7pm, plain black uniform, I’ll use the key you gave me, if that’s alright with you?”
“Yes, Madame…”
“I haven’t played Mistress of the House with you for a long time, have I…”
“No, Madame…”
“Let’s say I’ll be coming back from a business trip.  Be ready and waiting on your knees in the hallway for 7pm.  I’ll let myself in and you can attend to me before I inspect the cleaning work that you’ve been doing while I’ve been away.  I will dine at 8.  How does that sound?”
“That sounds… wonderful, Madame…”
“Good girl…  Next on the list, the delightful Aneesa has popped up on SubNet asking me for a female sub.  The only one of those I’ve got is you.  Can you do the 25th and 26th, end of this month?”
“Sorry, Madame, I can’t, I have a… a family thing…”
“Family?  Is that…  Are you going to be alright?”
“Yes, Madame, I think so.  My mother assures me that he won’t be there.”
“That’s good then, because, well, you know…”
“Yes, Madame, I know.  Thank you for your kind concern, Madame…”
“You are very, very welcome, my darling.  The weekend after that is the 1st and 2nd of next month.  Any better?”
“Yes, I’m available then.”
“Wonderful.  I’ll check with Aneesa that the dates are good, and then pop everything on SubNet for you.”
“Thank you, Madame.  You are most kind…”
“Now Melissa, I have one final thing for you, something that might not come to anything, but it would be very much up your street if it does.  Are you free on the 8th and 9th, or possibly the 15th and 16th?”
“Yes, Madame, I am available for you…”
“How would you like to be a maid at a birthday party?  It’ll be her 21st…”
“I…  I would love to…”
“But?”
“It would have to be ladies only, I wouldn’t feel comfortable if…”
“I understand.  I need to call the young lady in question first and offer it to her, but I thought I’d check while I’ve got you on the phone, see if I can offer maid service to the birthday girl.  I’ll see what she says and get back to you.”
“Thank you, Madame.”
“Oh, and if it ends up being at Michael’s house, like these parties so often seem to do, will it be a problem if Michael’s there serving as well?”
“No, Madame. I’ve worked with Michael before.  I trust him.”
“No, of course, you’re right.  Let me call the birthday girl and see what she wants.  It might not happen at all, but I will let you know what I can arrange for you.”
“Thank you, Madame.”
“It’s the least I can do for you, Melissa my darling.  Listen, I’m going to make a few more calls, you copy everything out neatly in your diary, and then do you want to Skype later?”
“Yes, Madame, that would be wonderful.”
“I’ll let you choose the uniform, but have the toybox ready.”
“Yes, Madame…”
“I’ll be about half an hour.”
“Yes, Madame…”
“I’ll speak to you again soon.”
“As you wish, Madame…”
“Dismissed.”
I would like to think this gives a flavour of some of the various things that go on in the world of my book, and also how this particular Supervisor interacts with her submissives with a mixture of strictness, roleplaying and compassion.  I'm not sure if this comes across well, so any feedback is welcome.

In the meantime, here's a picture of a woman on the telephone.

This is not what my character looks like at all
LMW

2 comments:

  1. Well, I like it. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do the changes in tone come across? I didn't want to keep verbing adverbily, and Lord knows there's already enough twittering about tones of voice and the submissive's reactions to them in the other chapters. Thought I'd give myself a break.

      Delete